Gracious Lord, I pray that I may not only be known to those who are my own, but may I consider all mankind. May those who need me find me through my gentleness, and may they be assured by quiet confidence and faith. Amen.
Friday, December 12, 2014
Bible Today Message
John 3: 1-10
- Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council.
- He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."
- In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
- "How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"
- Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.
- Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
- You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'
- The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
- "How can this be?" Nicodemus asked.
- "You are Israel's teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things?
Tags: Android bible application, Bible new version, Online bible, Today bible words, Bible subscription, Jesus Words, Today prayer, John 3:1-16
Thursday, December 11, 2014
Bible Words message
John 15: 1-12
- "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.
- He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
- You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
- Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
- "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.
- If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
- If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
- This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
- "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
- If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
- I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
- My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.
Tags: Android bible application, Bible new version, Online bible, Today bible words, Bible subscription, Jesus Words, Today prayer
Wednesday, December 10, 2014
Today Bible Words (11-12-2014)
John 16: 1-30
- "These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble.
- "They will put you out of the synagogues; yes, the time is coming that whoever kills you will think that he offers God service.
- "And these things they will do to you because they have not known the Father nor Me.
- "But these things I have told you, that when the time comes, you may remember that I told you of them. And these things I did not say to you at the beginning, because I was with you.
- "But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, 'Where are You going?'
- "But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.
- "Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
- "And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgement of sin.
- Because they do not believe in me of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more of judgement, because the ruler of this world is judged.
- "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
- "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
- "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
- "All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
- "A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father."
- Then some of His disciples said among themselves, "What is this that He says to us, 'A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'; and, 'because I go to the Father'?"
- They said therefore, "What is this that He says, 'A little while'? We do not know what He is saying."
- Now Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him, and He said to them, "Are you inquiring among yourselves about what I said, 'A little while.
- And you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'?
- "Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy.
- "A woman, when she is in labour, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child,.
- She no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
- "Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
- "And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.
- "Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
- "These things I have spoken to you in figurative language; but the time is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but I will tell you plainly about the Father.
- "In that day you will ask in My name, and I do not say to you that I shall pray the Father for you;
- Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.
- "I came forth from the Father and have come into the world. Again, I leave the world and go to the Father."
- His disciples said to Him, "See, now You are speaking plainly, and using no figure of speech!
- "Now we are sure that You know all things, and have no need that anyone should question You.
- By this we believe that You came forth from God."
Tags: Bible words, Today bible, Scripture of the day, John 16, Bible word 11-12-2014
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
Today Bible Words
1 Thessalonians 4:1-18
- Finally, brothers, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living.
- Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.
- For you know what instructions we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.
- It is God's will that you should be sanctified that you should avoid sexual immorality.
- That each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable.
- Not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God, and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him.
- The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you.
- For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.
- Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his Holy Spirit.
- Now about brotherly love we do not need to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love each other.
- And in fact, you do love all the brothers throughout Macedonia. Yet we urge you, brothers, to do so more and more.
- Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you,
- So that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
- Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope.
- We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.
- According to the Lord's own word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep.
- For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
- After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.
- And so we will be with the Lord forever.Therefore encourage each other with these words.
Tags: Bible words,Romans 8:1-40, Online Bible, Today scripture, Scripture of the day
Monday, December 8, 2014
Today Bible Words
- Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,
- Because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
- For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering.
- And so he condemned sin in sinful manin order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.
- Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires.
- But those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires.
- The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.
- The sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so.
- Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.
- You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you.
- And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.
- But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.
- And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you.
- He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
- Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation, but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it.
- For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.
- Because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
- For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father."
- The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.
- Now if we are children, then we are heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ.
- If indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
- I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
- The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed.
- For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it.
- In hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.
- We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time.
- Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.
- For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has?
- But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
- In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
- And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
- And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
- For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.
- And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.
- What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?
- He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us allow will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
- Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.
- Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died more than that, who was raised to life is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
- Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
- As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered."
- No, in all these things we are more than conqueroathrough him who loved us.
- For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers.
- Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Tags: Bible words, Romans 8, Online Bible, Today scripture, Scripture of the day