Today bible words
- When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place.
- Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.
- They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.
- All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
- Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.
- When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language.
- Utterly amazed, they asked: "Are not all these men who are speaking Galileans?
- Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language?
- Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,
- Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome.
- Cretans and Arabs--we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!"
- Amazed and perplexed, they asked one another, "What does this mean?"
- Some, however, made fun of them and said, "They have had too much wine."
- Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd:
- "Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say.
- These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It's only nine in the morning!
Tags: Today bible lines, Today bible words, Bible words, RC bible, Online bible, Android bible application, Acts, Bible new version,